PCOS is a hormonal health disorder that affects women of reproductive age causing infrequent or prolonged menstrual cycles or excess production of male hormones or androgen levels.
Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS:
Ayurvedic treatment of PCOS may differ from one practitioner to another. The Ayurveda treatment for PCOS involves the use of specific herbs to promote and maintain the hormonal balance in women.
The medicine prescribed by the Ayurvedic practitioner may include:
Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a herb that improves stress levels and overcomes PCOS symptoms.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps regulate menstrual cycles among women with PCOS.
Turmeric: Turmeric serves as an active anti-inflammatory agent thus helping PCOS.
PCOS symptoms and signs:
Most common PCOS symptoms include:
Irregular menstrual cycle: Refers to the absence of menstruation.
Severe bleeding: The menstrual cycle intervals will be longer than usual.
The hair growth or hair loss: Refers to Hirsutism which is excess hair formation.
Acne breakout: Severe acne breakouts will occur on the face, chest, and back.
Most women with PCOS are likely to be significantly overweight.
Thinning of scalp hair: Results in hair fall on the scalp.
Skin darkening: Skin darkens on the groin area and below the breasts. The formation of dark patches of the skin occurs.
Headaches and migraines: In some women, the hormone fluctuation results in severe headaches and migraine.
Irritability or depression: PCOS women will experience stress, anxiety, depression, and irritability.
PCOS Treatment in Ayurveda
PCOS is a condition that requires early diagnosis and when long-term management is carried out, it prevents long term complications.
PCOS treatment in Ayurveda recommends
- Virechana or Detoxification and purification procedure, Nasya, Shirodhara, and Uttarbasti.
- Diet and lifestyle modification are highly recommended.
- Ayurvedic therapies include yoga and breathing exercises such as pranayama.
At Tatkshana Ayurveda Hospital, PCOS Treatment in Ayurveda includes a very well-planned and systematic approach in treating the disease. It includes customized treatment for every individual which is specific to their symptoms to help manage and treat their symptoms.
- Ayurvedic treatment for obesity and Managing weight gain: Weight loss in women with PCOS will help regulate the menstrual cycles, improve cholesterol levels, lower insulin levels, and reduce the risk of developing heart disease and diabetes. Helps in the restoration of regular menstruation.
- Infertility treatment for PCOS: PCOS treatment in Ayurveda helps restoration of fertility focusing on regular ovulation and balancing the hormonal levels.
- Treatment of hirsutism, hair fall, and acne: Ayurveda has therapies to combat skin and hair issues.
- Lower the insulin levels: Restores the normal hormonal levels.
Ayurveda Medicine for PCOS is recommended for a minimum period of 6 cycles to 12 menstrual cycles along with guidance on diet and exercise by your Ayurvedic practitioner.
Our team of doctors at Tatkshana Ayurveda Hospital primarily focuses on the first aim of Ayurveda which is to preserve the health of the healthy.
Can PCOS be cured permanently by Ayurveda?
Yes, PCOS can be cured permanently by Ayurveda.
Diet recommendations for Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS include:
- Sugary foods, refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, and sweets are to be avoided.
- Monitor and reduce salt intake during menstruation
- Consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables is to be increased.
- Include whole grains and legumes in your regular diet, it will help balance your blood glucose levels.
- Intake of protein-rich foods such as fresh fish, chicken, and eggs.
- Reduce the intake of saturated fats found in red meat, deep-fried food, fast food, and oily snack food.
For more information:
Get in touch: 📞+91 77601 04333 | ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org